Sunday, April 01, 2007


Walkin' on the Moon
Holiday in Paradise Part 4


In this blog entry I'll tell you about some of the amazing landscapes I saw in Hawai'i.


On my 4th day in Hawai'i I visited the site of the Kilauea eruption that destroyed the towns of Kalapana and Kaimu. Kilauea is the youngest and most active volcano on the Big Island.

Little by little some plants are beginning to grow again.



Some people in the community bring coconuts and plant them.



The lava flow that destroyed Kalapana and Kaimu also destroyed a famous black sand beach. Fortunately a new black sand beach is forming.


The lava flow has created some spectacular seascapes.


To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:06 pm

    Hello!!
    My name is Ayako Hosono.
    K8class no.24.
    I played softball when I was a high school student.
    Do you know softball?
    I lika to study English.
    See you on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete