Saturday, August 04, 2007

My Hometown: Fushun
by Zhao Hai Yan (Joyce) Takushoku University


You should visit my hometown of Fushun. It is a great place to go for a vacation. First, I am going to tell you where it is, and second, I am going to tell you what it is famous for.

My hometown is in Liaoning province. It is one of the biggest cities in China. It is near Shenyang, the provincial capital. You can get there by airplane. It takes 3 hours to get there from Tokyo. Now, you know where my hometown is. Next I will tell you what it is famous for.

Fushun is famous for four things. The first thing is natural resources. Fushun produces a lot of coal every year. There are more than 410 mines in Fushun. Also, there are all kinds of wild plants and more than 200 varieties of wild animals. For example: badger, bear and deer. Every year, Fushun exports a large number of apples to other places. The apples produced in Fushun are very delicious and very cheap.

The second thing Fushun is famous for is very good of transportation and communication services. It is now equipped with modern signal communication facilities. There are more than 900 long-distance telephones, including international lines. You can telephone many countries. Within a few years, Fushun will attract a great number of foreign business investments.

The third thing Fushun is famous for is an industry. There are three large petroleum plants in Fushun. The chemical, coal, metallurgy and related industries are very well represented in Fushun.


The fourth thing Fushun is famous for is famous for is tourism. There are many scenic spots in Fushun such as the Gaoershan Tower, Young Ling, and Yuan Shuailin. Some famous people in the world were born in Fushun. Do you know Wang Nan who is a world champion of ping-pong and do you know Tong Tawei who is a film star in China? The cuisine in Fushun is very famous too, especially boiled dumpling.

Today I told you two things about my hometown. First where my hometown is and second what it is famous for. Fushun is a very beautiful and famous city. It is Lei Feng`s hometown. You must remember my hometown. I am proud of it. I hope you visit my hometown soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment