Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Christmas Market in Frankfurt

The Frankfurt Christmas market was the first Christmas market that I visited. It was a little cold. It was minus five degrees celsius.

I drank gluhweine (mulled wine) in order to stay warm. Gluhweine is hot wine. Actually at first I didn't know the German name for this wine so I asked for "hot wine". Everyone understood. Everyone can drink gluhwein, even children because most of the alchohol is boiled away. Gluhwein has a nice smell. It has a nice smell because spices are added to it, especially cinnamon. There are many vendors selling gluhwein so the smell is everywhere. A mug of gluhwein cost five Euros. If you returned the mug, the vendor gave you two Euros and fifty cents, but you could keep the mug for a souvenir.

This is my first meal in Germany. I ate sausages, sauerkraut, and a baked potato with sour cream.

Below are some more pictures from the Christmas market in Frankfurt


No comments:

Post a Comment