Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Seoul




On the way home from Germany I stopped in Seoul. I stayed in Seoul for three nights.


The dark green area on the map is Seoul. Seoul is very close to North Korea.


I visited some palaces in Seoul including Changdeokgung. Changdeokgung is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

This is a lovely bird I saw in a park in Seoul. I was surprised that I didn't see a lot of crows and pigeons because there are many crows and pigeons in Tokyo.

I think the most interesting thing about Seoul is the markets. There many markets in Seoul.

There are many kinds of food you can eat in the markets. In this picture a woman is making Korean pancakes. I don't know the Korean name for these pancakes. They are almost the same as another Korean pancake called Pajeon. The Japanese name for these Korean pancakes is Chijimi. They are similar to Chinese Cōng Yóu Bǐng and Japanese Okonomiyaki.

This is the chijimi that I ate. I shared it with my wife. I was too big. We couldn't finish it. It cost 4000 won. Four thousand won is about five hundred yen, or about five dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment