Monday, March 31, 2008

Buddha Park

I visited an interesting place called Buddha Park. Buddha Park is about twenty-five kilometres southeast from Vientiane. I went to Buddha Park with two colleagues and a Laotian called Lee (pronounced /lei:/). Lee was our guide. Lee speaks English very well, and he knows a lot about Buddha Park.
We went to Buddha Park in a tuk tuk. The journey was bumpy because many of the roads were unpaved. Along the way we got to see the Mekong River.

We were very lucky to see a traditional Lao fisherman on the river.


The picture below is a picture of me standing in front of the first sculpture that you see when you enter Buddha Park. Inside this sculpture are three levels: Hell. Earth, and Heaven.


This is the entrance to Hell. The entrance is very small. It was difficult for me to enter.

The picture below is a picture of the inside of the sculpture. I took the picture on level two: Earth.
Here is the view from the top level: Heaven. You can see all the sculptures in Buddha Park.

The pictures below are close-ups of some of the interesting scultures in Buddha Park.




Some of the sculptures are based on Buddhist mythology (仏教の神話学) and some of the sculptures are based on Hindu (ヒンドゥー教) mythology.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:39 am

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting article.

    I was in Luang Prabang about two years ago. Laos is a fascinating country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:08 pm

    I think some temples are very beautiful.
    I look very delicious, I want to eat the fish dishes of Laos.

    ReplyDelete