Monday, June 02, 2008

JALT CALL Conference 2008 at the Nagoya University of Business and Commerce

This past week-end, from the 31st of March to the 1st of June, I attended the JALT CALL Conference at the Nagoya University of Business and Commerce. CALL means Computer- Assisted Language Learning.

I met many old friends at the conference. I made new friends too. My new friend Martin is in the picture above. He is standing on the left. My old friend Adam is standing on the right. I'm in the middle, of course.

Some Toyo Gakuen University teachers attended the conference too. Andy Boon was one of the conference organisers.


Clair Taylor and Sarah Louisa Birchley were there too. I attended some presentations with them. I attended some preentations with Adam too. We went to a presentation about wikis. Another presentation I went to was about blogging. My new friend Steve Henneberry gave the presentation. Perhaps we will work on a blogging project in the future. Below is a voicethread slideshow of Steve's presentation.


The campus of NUBC is gorgeous. Below are some pictures of the Language Centre.



Here are some pictures of the campus. There are many beautiful trees and flowers on the campus of NUBC, and theres lots of grass!!


I hope I have a chance to visit NUBC again!

1 comment:

  1. This post reminds me that I forgot to take pictures while in Nagoya... Nice shots. Wish we could have tipped a few more beers in Nagoya, but maybe we can find some time during the summer break.
    Cheers,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete