Monday, March 09, 2009

Some Modest Proposals by Students at Shibaura Institute of Technology

Last semester the students in the Paragraph Writing 2 class did some very good writing. Today I'm going to share some of their writing. If you would like a copy of the writing task please leave a comment with your e-mail address and I will send it to you. I have edited these paragraphs for grammar, usage and clarity. However, I didn't have to do too much. Also, all the content is the student's and I tried not to intrude on the student's voice. Enjoy!

Shibaura Institute of Technology Should Recruit More Girls

I think Shibaura Institute of Technology should recruit more girls. I have three reasons. First of all,I am a boy and I like girls. Second, my friends haven’t got any girl friends. If there are many girls, probably my friends can get girl friends. Finally, If there are many girls, I think that the school will smell better.


Yudai K.
Shibaura Institute of Technology Should have Washlets
I think that all toilets in Shibaura Institute of Technology should have washlets. I have three reasons. First of all, Shibaura's toilet paper is rough for us. Our bums are delicate. Second, if we use a washlet, we will keep clean. Finally, a washlet is very easy to use. We need only one switch. For these three reasons, I think that all toilets in S.I.T should have washlets.
Hirofumi O.

Shibaura Institute of Technology Should Remove all Smoking Places
I think that Shibaura Institute of Technology should remove all smoking places. There are three main reasons for this. First of all, there is not at all good about smoking. Moreover, cigarette smoke has a bad effect on many non-smokers. Second, the campus would be clean if all smoking places were removed. Now, many cigarette butts are left in various places. The third and final reason is that removing smoking places would reduce the number of students who are smokers. It is very bad for young people's bodies. For these three reasons, I think Shibaura should remove all smoking places.

Ayana S.

No comments:

Post a Comment